Steve's Blog

I try to use this blog to record something about my life everyday.

My Photo
Name: Steve Brown
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

On December 31, 2007 I left my job with Sprint/Embarq where I worked as a Software Engineer for 15 years at the Sprint Campus in Kansas City. In January 2008 Mary and I started Steve Brown Ministries and started traveling the United States broadcasting "Live Video" of Revivals, Bible Conferences, Mission Conferences, and other Special Services. Mary and I enjoy serving the Lord Jesus Christ and traveling to churches as we minister through We are very pleased that our ministry is endorsed and we are sent out of our home church at Heritage Baptist Temple in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Great Just To Be Home

It was great just to be at home today in Little Rock. Still kind of warm here but much better than the 100 plus we were having a couple weeks ago.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cracker Barrel for Supper

Here we are, two thirds of the way home to Little Rock and we stopped to eat supper at Cracker Barrel in Alma, Arkansas. I am having a big bowl of pinto beans with onion, chow-chow, corn bread, a house salad, and apple butter. WOW! Delicious.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lots of Church Tonight

We ended up with lots of singing and 3 sermons from 3 different preachers tonight. We tuned into First Family Church's live streaming service while we recorded the live service from Crystal Hill Baptist Church. After we finished that we watched last Sunday evening's service from Cornerstone Church. The last message preached by Matthew Hagee was the best. That kid can preach. He really struck a chord in my heart tonight.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Trip To The Urologist

This afternoon I made another trip to see Dr. Steven Nash, my Urologist, about my kidney stone. Since I have not had any pain for a couple weeks he is sending me to get an X-ray to see if I still have a kidney stone. I will go get the X-ray in the morning.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Back Home To Kansas City

After 4 great days in Little Rock we are back to Kansas City for 3 days. Thank goodness it has cooled down a little bit.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Numark Video Monitor

Posted by Picasa
I really enjoyed doing the broadcast today using our new video monitor from Abe's Of Maine. It is so much clearer than our old monitors. Our old monitors were designed to be used with a Game Cube. I can monitor up to six different video inputs with this new Numark.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Another Week Ended

Another week of our lives is over. Seems like the days, the weeks and the years are just flying by. We were privileged to have all six of our grand kids with us this evening along with Scott, Lacey, and Angela. Mary fixed us a very nice supper. We enjoyed just sitting around talking and eating.
Posted by Picasa

Friday, August 24, 2007

Long Day At Home

In the past I have called this a long day at work but since I am working from home today it is a long day at home. Since it is Friday I wanted to get on with the weekend and it seemed like I was chained to my computer for work all day. In spite of this I am very thankful for the oportunity to work from home in Arkansas today.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Focus On The Family

On our return trip to Little Rock Mary said, "Alright how are you going to entertain me today"? After thinking about it for a few minutes I hooked up the computer and connected it our van stereo and the Internet with my Sprint Data Card and started downloading MP3's from "Focus On The Family". We spent the entire trip listening to archived programs from "Focus On The Family". Very interesting stuff. We enjoyed our time. Now we can't wait until we get to listen to part 3 of "God Made Us A Family" on tomorrows broadcast of "Focus On The Family".

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Family Church


Tonight Mary and I attended First Family Church in Overland Park, Kansas. We really enjoyed the meal before church, the singing, and the preaching. It was like going to a big church on Sunday Morning except this was a Wednesday night service. You would think it was a big church but they are meeting in the gym. They had a huge choir and orchestra on a Wednesday night. This is just unheard of in all the churches we have been to in the past.
Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Twins

We went out to eat with Robby and Rachel this evening. The talk was mostly about the new twins that Robby and Rachel are going to have. I think Rachel is about 5 or 6 weeks along with our new grand babies. Rachel is having a lot of problems and goes to the doctor nearly every day. She has some kind of hormone that is low. The doctor is trying to get the hormone level up. She is off work until after Labor Day.

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Late Night Trip To Kansas City

Seems like we are making a habit of traveling too late at night. When we got to Kansas City tonight it was going on close to midnight. That's just too late for our tired weiry bones. I guess we should not have stopped in Rogers, Arkansas for Supper. In the future we're just going to have to take supper with us or drive thru somewhere.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Full Day At Church

This was the first Sunday in several weeks that I was able to be in both services at Crystal Hill Baptist Church. I ran camera #1 for both services this morning plus the Sunday School hour. This afternoon I spent a couple hours working on the equipment so we could do our video broadcast using either Lee's laptop or the church computer. Tonight we did the video for the evening service. We had a very enjoyable day in the Lord's House.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wedding Video

Lee, James Eckman, and I did the video for the wedding this morning at church. None of us knew the folks getting married. Mary and I viewed the DVD we made this evening and we thought we did pretty good for amateurs.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Outback For Sure

Lee and I had to be at church this evening for a wedding rehearsal. We are going to do the videography for the wedding tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.

After the rehearsal we met Scott and Lacey at the Outback in Sherwood for supper. I did a real bad no-no tonight. I had a steak. A small one, but a steak none the less. I guess my diet is completely out the window. It sure was good. We enjoyed our time together.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Eight Hour Trip To Little Rock

Mary drove me to Little Rock this evening. She was trying hard to make it a quick trip but inspite of that it took us about 8 hours to get home. I think it was that long supper at Applebee's in Rogers that made us so late getting home. We listened to a book on CD about the end times and some old black and white movies to pass the time tonight.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Walking At Oak Park Mall

Mary and I went to the Oak Park Mall at noon today for lunch. I am trying to get her to walk more and the heat always keeps her indoors. I thought walking the mall in the air conditioning might be the solution. We enjoyed out lunch and the walk.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Success At Work

I have been struggling at work for a few weeks with my latest project. I finally finished one of several modules of code today to provision voice mail boxes. I came home this evening feeling good that I had accomplished something.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Supper With Robby, Rachel and Carl

We enjoyed supper with Robby, Rachel and Rachel's brother, Carl tonight. I am afraid they blew my diet again. This diet stuff seems hopeless. We went to Minsky's Pizza at the River Front. My trusty GPSmap 76cxs took us right to the front door.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Lee

We enjoyed church this morning with family and friends at Crystal Hill Baptist Church. Mary had the privilege of singing a solo this morning. She did a good job.

After church Angela invited us over to their house for lunch. She prepared a fantastic meal for Lee's birthday. He is 37 years old today.

After the great meal Mary drove me back to Kansas City.

I am still waiting for this kidney stone to show itself. I have not had any pain for several days now. It's either hiding or dissolved. I don't know which.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Larry Greene Funeral

Mary and I went to school with Larry from the first grade through our high school days. We remember Larry as a very hard worker and a man of his word. He lived less than a mile from our home in Arkansas. I'm glad we had the privilege of going to his funeral this morning. His son and friends built his casket out of yellow pine boards. An unusual funeral to say the least.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Ruby Tuesday

We tried hard to eat healthy this evening. The most healthy place I could come up with was Ruby Tuesday's. I had Salmon with the salad bar and Mary had Tilapia with a salad bar. I thought it was very good. Maybe not as good as a big steak but good and healthy.

Thursday, August 09, 2007


I have been so restless these past few days. Not sure what's going on. I can't seem to accomplish anything on the job. I can't seem to get into anything or accomplish anything. I can't sleep. I'm eating all wrong. My back hurts and I still have not passed that kidney stone. It still causes some pain but not as bad as that first day.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Working From Home In Arkansas

The boss has been very gracious to allow me to work from home during my battle with the kidney stone. Mary and I decided to drive to Little Rock this evening because I can work just as good from our Arkansas home as I can from my apartment in Kansas City.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Took A Sick Day Today

I got up and took my shower and prepared to go to work. I was dizzy, queasy at my stomach and light headed this morning. I decided that I better not try and go to work today. I am still trying to pass the kidney stone.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Tried To Work From Home

I tried to work from home today. It seems like I am just miserable doing anything. Restless I guess is the word that decribes me today. I am still drinking lots of water trying to pass this kidney stone.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Church with A Kidney Stone

I am still drinking lots of water trying to pass this kidney stone. We decided to try to make it to church at First Family Church here in Kansas City this morning. Thank the Lord I did not have an attack during church. Great service.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lots and Lots and Lots of Water

Today I drank many bottles of water trying to pass this kidney stone. Nothing seemed to work. I have had pains off and on all day but nothing quite like the pain I suffered yesterday about 4:00 p.m.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Kidney Stone - Makes For A Bad Day

I knew something was bad wrong when I woke up at 2:05 a.m. this morning with a horrible pain in my stomach. It lasted about 10 minutes and went away. At 3:05 a.m. it was back worst than before. I suffered with this pain off and on all day. I went to the doctor. They sent me to get a CT scan. That's when I found out it was a kidney stone causing my pain. About 4:00 p.m. I had an attack that lasted about an hour. It was the worst ever.

Mary drove up this afternoon to be be with me in Kansas City.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

All Alone

I feel all alone today at work. Andy is on vacation in Dallas, Texas with his wife and I don't know where Chris is at. I think he worked last night and did not come in today.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Great Video Broadcast

I watched the video broadcast from Crystal Hill Baptist Church tonight. I thought the singing and preaching were top notch. It was a blessing to me.

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!