Steve's Blog

I try to use this blog to record something about my life everyday.

My Photo
Name: Steve Brown
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

On December 31, 2007 I left my job with Sprint/Embarq where I worked as a Software Engineer for 15 years at the Sprint Campus in Kansas City. In January 2008 Mary and I started Steve Brown Ministries and started traveling the United States broadcasting "Live Video" of Revivals, Bible Conferences, Mission Conferences, and other Special Services. Mary and I enjoy serving the Lord Jesus Christ and traveling to churches as we minister through We are very pleased that our ministry is endorsed and we are sent out of our home church at Heritage Baptist Temple in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Unpacking At Our Home At 2416 County Line Road

Today was a day of very hard work. Scott, Laura, Lee, Angela and all the kids came up to help us get settled into our home on County Line Road. We moved furniture out and rearranged a lot of furniture. We hooked up the washer and dryer. Angela brought dinner. It was a very tiring day of unpacking a lot of our stuff.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Errected New 1900 mhz Yagi Antenna

Today was another trip to Little Rock. I was anxious to get my new antenna errected. Lee brought some of his tools up and we errected my new yagi antenna on a 20 foot pole. It seems that the best signal I can get is -95dB. I went about a 100 feet south out in the pasture and I was able to get a -77dB. I told Mary we're going to have to move the house 100 feet south. She didn't like that idea much. The Sprint data card seems to work okay with the -95dB signal. I guess I'll have to settle for that.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Settle Into New Apartment - 717 W 101st Terrace

Since we are now completly out of the old apartment we spent the evening unpacking and getting things where we wanted them in our new apartment. It's beginning to feel a little like home here.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Turned In Our Keys For 721 W 101st Terrace

After two weeks of hard work we finally got our old apartment empty and cleaned up. We were able to turn in the keys to the office today and concentrate on getting our new apartment unpacked.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Reload My ThinkPad Again

I think I have now formatted my hard drive and reloaded for the 6th or 7th time. I am still trying to get my Sprint Data Card working on my ThinkPad R50P (type 183222U). I formatted and loaded from a Windows XP Pro disk thinking that leaving out the IBM driver might fix my problem. It did not. Then I used the 5 recovery CD's that IBM sent me and reloaded again. Now I have to try to get the computer loaded with all my other software.

The worst part is that I forgot to back up my GSAK database. Now my carefully maintained database of all our geocache finds is lost forever.

Thank goodness I can use the Sprint Datacard in my Kyrocera Router and access the internet from my Thinkpad throught it.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Ordered a Yagi Antenna Today

Lee and I got on the phone with the Prime Cellular guy today and finally got all our questions answered. We both ordered a yagi antenna for our Sprint Novatel Merlin S720 data cards. We are hoping to have near broadband internet access at our homes west of Little Rock.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Still Not Well

We are both still not feeling well today. We did spend some time trying to get settled into our new Studio Appartment and cleaning up the old appartment. Mostly we just sat around today trying to get to feeling better.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Moving For Over A Month

Seems like we have been moving for over a month now. We started with packing weeks in advance. We were still not ready for the move. Now we are cleaning up the old appartment. We're still both sick but we have to keep going to meet dead lines.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Mary Is Sick

Well, really we are both sick. She is seemingly worst than I am. She tried to get an appointment with the doctor today but they were too busy. They did call her in a prescription that cost something over 50 dollars.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cable Guy Came To New Apartment

The cable guy showed up to install my cable modem this evening.

Mary gets to take the new Sprint Data card and the Kyrocera router back to Arkansas.

We spent more time removing wall paper borders and cleaning the old apartment. We are trying to get it ready to turn back over to the apartment management.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

First Day Back To Work

I still don't feel very good from the cold but I must go back to work.

We spent the evening removing wall paper border and cleaning the old apartment.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Still Sick

I decided I better take a sick day and try to get over this cold before I go back to work. Our bodies are still very tired from the move.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Travel Back To Kansas City

Mary and I took our time getting up and getting around this morning. We left Little Rock about 10:00 a.m. for the drive back to Kansas City. I drove the KIA all the way home. I don't recall Mary getting out of her seat the entire trip. We are really give out from the move.

When we arrived at out little Studio Apartment things were laying around everywhere. We had to put the bed together before we could even go to bed.

I'm still sick from my cold and my body is really tired.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Day Late Arriving In Little Rock

We finally got to Little Rock about noon and my head cold is in full swing. I feel awlful. Laura's dad and brother showed up to help us unload the trucks. We unloaded the first truck into the barn and the second truck was pretty much unloaded into the garage. We returned the trucks to Penske on 65th street about dark. It started pouring down with rain as we were turning in the trucks.

I don't think I have ever been this tired and worn out and sick.

Angela brought dinner to our house. It was a life saver.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Loaded and Drove Half Way To Little Rock

As the Two Men loaded our Penske truck we realized we needed another truck.

Scott and I went to Penske and rented another 26 foot truck. By the time we got back the 1st truck was fully loaded and the men from Two Men & A Truck were gone.

We started loading thinking we had lots of extra room. By the time we had everything loaded about 4:00 p.m. the truck was pretty full. We all headed to Arkansas.

When we got to Bentonville, Arkansas I was really tried. We stopped and spent the night in a Comfort Inn.

Now I'm coming down with a cold. I really feel rough.

Friday, September 15, 2006

This Is Our Move Day - We're Not Ready

We started the day at Robby's apartment. Three men from two men and a truck showed up to load Rob's stuff. We worked with them until noon to get Rob moved into loft apartment and 10th and Wyandotte.

We got back to our place a little after noon and the three men who were to load our truck said our stuff was not all pack and it was not safe to work in our appartment. They left without doing anything. I was so stressed out I thought I would pass out. I finally called Two Men & A Truck and scheduled them to come back in the morning.

Scott and Laura showed up to help up finish packing. We worked until after midnight trying to get the place safe for the Two Men & A Truck. We had the Penske truck half loaded when we quit for the night.

We spent the night in a motel with Scott and Laura.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Added Another Vacation Day For Moving

Mary has come down with a cold so I took another day of vacation to help pack and get ready for our move. We have a lot ready for the move but we're still a long way from being ready. I picked up the Penske truck this evening and parked it at Robby's place. He is going to use it in the morning to move to a loft downtown. We are just overwhelmed with things that still need to be packed.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

There Is Still A Ton Of Packing To Do

We're still filling boxes with our stuff. The guest room is filling up. There are rows of boxes stacked to the ceiling.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Prepared The Guest Room For Moving

Since we don't have any room for boxes I decided it was time to take the guest bed apart and make room for boxes in the guest bedroom. We're still filling boxes with stuff.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Back to Packing

We filled a lot more boxes today. We are running out of room to stack the boxes.

I spent a little more time reloading software on my laptop.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Reloading My Laptop

After attending Grace Point Baptist Church this morning I spent the afternoon loading software on my laptop. I am still trying to get my new data card working.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

New Sprint Merlin S720 Data Card

Robby got what I thought was a great deal on a new data card for my laptop to allow me to access the internet at faster speeds. I received it about 8:30 a.m. and I could not get it to work. I spent way too much time working with it and tech support. By the end of the day I was reloading my laptop from scratch. After reloading it still would not work.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Boxes Stacked To the Ceiling

Lots of packing going on this afternoon. We don't have room to set anything on the floor anymore. We have boxes stacked to the ceiling in some places. I hope all this stuff fits in the truck next Friday.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dinner With Rob

Rachael was working late so we went with Rob to the 54th Street Grill and enjoyed a very nice meal together.

Mary was really tired tonight after packing all day.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

God Is So Good - By Evangelist John Bishop

I remember watching Evangelist John Bishop play basket ball with the kids at summer camp. He was a real champ on the court. A few years ago he contracted meningitis and almost died. He could not walk or talk for a long period of time. He is now back on the road for Jesus better than ever. This is his testimony. Please give him a good hearing. This was preached Sunday morning at Southwest Bible Baptist Church in Little Rock, Arkansas.
God Is So Good.mp3

Here he finishes up on Sunday Evening:
Learning Patience & Forgiveness.mp3

Packing In Earnest

Mary worked all day and I worked all evening packing and filling trash bags. I did not realize that we had so much junk. I guess we should move every year or so just to make sure we get rid of our junk.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lots Of Trash

Mary started in earnest today getting ready to move. Our move date is September 15th. When I got home from work she had a whole pile of stuff for the trash pickup tomorrow.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Two vehicles Back to Kansas City

Mary drove the KIA and I drove the Honda back to Kansas City this afternoon. I was with my dad this morning for a couple hours and he seemed more alert than yesterday. He called me by name twice and waved goodbye when we left. All of which was very encouraging.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dad Out Of Hospital, Then Back To Hospital

This morning the doctor released Daddy back to the nursing home. When we went to visit him after lunch we noticed that things were not right with him. He was on oxygen and not very responsive. He could not even sip water from a cup. We ended up sending him back to the hospital. We sat with him in the emergency room until after 7:00 p.m. when he was finally taken to the same room he left this morning. When we left the hospital after 9:00 p.m. the nurse had fed him some soup and he was able to drink a little. He was back on an IV and antibiotic. The doctor said he had a very elevated white blood count and a very bad blister on his right heel.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Cookout At Scott & Laura's

This evening we enjoyed some great steaks at Scott and Laura's.  Posted by Picasa

Friday, September 01, 2006

A Privilege To Help Dad With Lunch

It was a privilege to help my dad with his lunch today. He seems to be doing well. The nurses got him up twice today to walk a short distant. The doctor thought he would be ready to go back to the nusring home in the next day or so.

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!