NaNa's Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

Been Awhile

Boy has it been awhile. We are in Society Hill, SC. with the New Hope Girls Ranch for a tent meeting. Things are going very well, the only problems are getting the internet to stay up on our Sprint Data Card and the wind blowing so hard at times, you wonder if you are going to stay in the tent. It is beautiful today, some wind, lots of sun and supposed to be in 80's for high. Too warm for me, but everyone else seems to enjoy.

We just came back from breakfast at Huddle House, 1st time we have ever been in one. Don't know how we've managed all these years not to ever eat there, but did today and enjoyed very much. Also was on the hunt for a pizza pan. Stephen is using it with his antenna, hoping to get better reception for internet. We have the audio on the internet, but really would like to have video with it.

We came home on Feb. 21st (Drew's birthday) from Calhoun, GA. About 30 min. on the road and I could tell I was getting sick. Steve had been sick since Wed. with the stomach bug and I had taken it also. He still didn't feel too perky, but I hit every McDonald's for the next 4 hrs or so. Then could go maybe 30 min without having to stop. Was an awful trip home. Took me till Wed to start feeling halfway normal. We went to church at Heritage that night, was pretty wiped out when we got back home. Spent Thursday getting ready to leave Fri. morning to go see our youngest son Robby and his wife Rachel and our beautiful 11 month old twin grandaughters.

Left out Friday morning stopped at dentist office for teeth cleaning only and got news we both need around $3500.00 worth of work on our teeth. Told them we would have to wait, didn't have that kinda change in our pocket. Trip to Olatha, KS was uneventful, got there around 5:00PM. The girls have grown so much and are so beautiful. Rachel and Rob are doing a good job with them, especially since this is their 1st children. They are still crawling. Standing up and would like to take off, but haven't yet. Rob and Rachel house is so pretty and they are so happy in it.and the girls are all over the place.

Came back home Sunday, also uneventful trip. Monday took Lee to so some grocery shopping and take care of some business. Went to Applebee's and had supper with Scott and Lacey and visited with them. Tuesday took Preston and Drew to school.
Tuesday night picked up Scott and we went to Ashley's award meeting for Basketball at Geyer Springs Baptist. Was so good to see Ash, she is growing up so fast. Bradley stayed at his MeMaws so I did not get to see him. Took Scott back to No. Little Rock, got to see Bella a minute, JT was in back of house.

Wed. Preston was going to school and got a horrible pain in his right side. Could hardly stan riding down the road. Lee called me and we decided he better go on to doctors office. Doctor ordered ultrsound at 2:30 that afternoon at Baptist Hospital. I picked up Drew after school and took him to Sonic and got a slush. We then went back to house to see PaPa and get him up and ready. Lee called and they didn't see anything wrong with the Gallblatter or gallstones. We would have to wait till later in the evening to find out on other tests. Asked Lee is Preston was up to eating and he was starving to death and he wanted to go to Panda Garden. We met them there and had supped and visited for awhile. Was late when we got home. Doctor called and they did not find anything else wrong. Just supposed to watch him and if any other trouble come back in.

Thursday we started packing up to leave Friday. Had ordered our medications and Steve's came, but mine was not to come till Fri. We got up Friday and finished packing and my meds came at noon and we were soon on the road to SC. Stoppe outside of Birmingham, AL and spend night and then headed on into Society Hill, SC.

We are staying in a trailer at the back of church and tent, to keep and eye on our equipment. Also a member puts his guard dog in there every night. That pretty much take us up to the present for the last 3 weeks. Have a good day all.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Been awhile

Well I have taken a few days to get back on line blogging. All is doing well. Stephen went home Monday. It has been pretty quiet in the daytime,usually I pick up Preston and Drew at bus stop. Their last day in school is friday. They are ready. It has bee showering along this afternoon and about 82 degrees. Not too bad.
Angela's grandmother is in the hospital with a bad kidney infection and she is spending the night there. May have to take Drew to his ball game over in East End. Posted by Picasa

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Heading back to LR

We are supposed to get with Robby and Rachel and have breakfast. Maybe also her parents as they are down for the Cardinal vs Royal's game last night.
We plan on heading out for LR after breakfast. We are supposed to go to a banquet with Lee and Angela at 6:00pm at their church this evening. They have meet their building fund goal and should soon have the new auditorium finished and completely paid for.
Guess I better get around and get Steve packed so he will have something to wear. Posted by Picasa

Friday, May 19, 2006

Took Steve to work

Got up and took Steve to work. I then went looking for some things I wanted for the house. Didn't do too well, my knee is really giving me fits, causeing my leg to hurt and then my ankle swells and hurts so bad. Guess my shot has worn off. Means another trip to the doctor.
Picked up Steve and we came home and fixed lunch, then just chilled. Steve had ask his boss if he could work remotely from LR this coming week and be down for Memorial Day weekend. He received an email from his boss saying he could. Robby and Rachel are coming down for the holiday, it will be so wonderfuld to have the whole family together again.
We got around and ready and headed to Brian and Carlin's for birthday cookout for them. It was so good. Carlin is a wonderful cook and Jim and Terri were there also. We enjoy being with them all very much. Posted by Picasa

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Up eartly for oil change and KC

Got up and picked up the house and headed for North Point to get oil change and tires rotated, before leaving for KC. Was on the road by about 10:30am. Traffic not too back and made good time. Got to KC around 4:45. Was glad to see Steve. we hoped to get with Robby and Rachel, but by the time we got in touch with them they were alread with friends for the evening. We will see them Sat morning for breakfast before I leave to go back to LR. We went to Applebees for a quick supper and back home to relax. Posted by Picasa

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Got locks and athings for outbuldings

Run in to town to pick up some things Lee needed to put locks on the outbuildings. He still is not feeing well. He went home after I picked up the boys from the school bus. Angela came by to pick them up and stay to visit awhile before taking them to Awana's and go to church. Nice visit.
After they were on their way Scott called and ask if I wanted to meet them at a new Mexican Restaurant they had found. I had not eat yet, so off I went. It was very good. We made a quick stop at Walmart and then they were off to pick up Branley and Ashley from Awana's. I headed home. Got settled in and off to bed shortly thereafter. Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Up and at um

Not really. I got to looking at old albums and old scrapbook. My mother-in-law was very good at this and labeled things and included stories. It was so great and I am about halfway through. Decided I might as well finish up, so I can put them up and get to work. Preston and Drew came over after school Lee was also there. He just does not feel very good, so he looked through the books with me. Boys had snacks, did homework then out to get their bikes and take off. It is good to see them enjoy being at the house.
Fixed supper for them, haven't done that for awhile. Posted by Picasa